The following is a sample from the portfolio of Learning Designs contracts.
- Completed an Ako Aotearoa funded research project on the impact of NZ government tertiary education strategies on success for Pacific learners.
- Designed, developed and supported the accreditation of a new Bachelor of Youth Development.
- Designed and developed online course materials and assessment tasks for the Bachelor of Youth Development.
- Reviewed and recommended improvements to the Bachelor of Addictions and Bachelor of Counselling.
- Led staff development workshops on the design of assessment tasks.
- Conducted research – an online survey and focus groups – on young student’s perceptions of WelTec and designed a WelTec Youth Strategy to improve student engagement.
The Open Polytechnic
- Led the design, development and accreditation of a new distance learning
Bachelor of Social Work.
- Created learning guides, activities and assessment tasks for eight twenty credit courses on the new Bachelor of Social Work.
- Designed multimedia case studies and scripted an introduction to community work for the Bachelor of Social Work.
- Conducted research into the supply and demand of fieldwork placements in New Zealand jointly with academic staff from Massey University and the Open Polytechnic.
- Led a workshop on improving professional assessment processes for the School of Midwifery.
University of Otago
- Conducted an instructional design review of six distance learning courses for the Department of Theology and Religion.
- Contributed to two eLearning workshop for the Centre for Distance Education and Learning Technologies.
Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers
- Led a strategy development workshop for the ANZASW Board using an online version of the Seven Questions exercise from the IRISS Future Risks and Opportunities Toolkit.
- Conducted an online survey of young social workers that explored their motivation to enter social work, their level of civic engagement and their views of the ANZASW.
- Designed a digital history project celebrating the 50th anniversary of the ANZASW.